Saturday, April 13, 2013

Charm Pack Quilt

I had bought a very cute charm pack almost two years again in Sisters, Oregon. Sorry I can't remember the line of fabric it was from. It was sitting in my fabric stash begging to be used. I decided to make a floor quilt. I sewed each block into strips of 8 blocks and then sewed the five strips together.

I used a high loft batting for some extra cushion and one of my many vintage sheets for the backing. 

I decided I was going to be adventurous and try free motion quilting on my machine. It didn't turn out so well. After about 30 minutes of getting frustrated with my tread breaking and getting my quilt sandwich stuck, I decided that I needed a different plan. I decided to use my walking foot and stitch in the ditch.

I still need to bind it. Any Ideas? I have no idea what to bind it in. Any suggestions would be wonderful.




Linked to:
Craft-o-Maniac
Keeping it simple




3 comments:

  1. That looks very cute Dana....I wish I had ideas for binding, but I don't! I like the pinks and red though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-27_14.html

    ReplyDelete