Monday, May 13, 2013

Simply Color Quilt Continued

 Making Blocks:

In this post I explained the first steps of this quilt. After cutting the squares out of the patterned fabric and out of the white background fabric. I paired a patterned square with a white square and put them right sides together. I marked with a pencil from one corner to the opposite corner .
 I then took all of my squares, that are marked, down to my sewing machine. With a 1/4" seam sew on each side of the marked line. To save time and thread I fed the squares in a chain.
 After I sewed down each side of the diagonal line, I cut on the pencil line through both fabrics. I prefer to do this with my shears but you can definitely do this with your rotary cutter.

 Look at all those lovely triangles waiting to be pressed!
 Next I press the seam to the patterned piece.

 Laying out the Pattern:
Now for the fun part! This is why I love half square triangle quilts so much, There are so many different ways you can put the triangles together. I went on pinterest and searched for different HST designs and tried them out. These are some of my favorites and I ended up liking the first one on the left the best.


2 comments:

  1. Thаt is rеаlly inteгesting, You're an overly skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look ahead to looking for more of your great post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

    Look at my blog post ... source for this article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That is very sweet of you to say.

    ReplyDelete