Monday, April 15, 2013

Half Square Triangle Quilt


I have had a collection of bright fabrics sitting in my fabric stash for almost a year. I had planned to use them for another quilt but didn't really like it. I had cut the fabric into 8 inch squares and was wondering what to do with them.

I had recently watched a quilting class on Craftsy by Camille Roskelley. The class is called Pre-cut piecing made simple. I would recommend watching it if you are new to quilting, as I am, or just need a refresher course. She explains how to cut your fabric correctly, use charm packs, layer cakes and jelly rolls in several different quilt patterns, machine quilt and many other useful tips. I learned about half square triangles from watching this video and the hundreds of patterns you can make from them.

That got my creative juices flowing. I decided to see if pairing those colorful 8 inch squares with one of my vintage sheets, I have been collecting, would turn out cute. And guess what it did!

Any suggestions for a border or what to do for the back? I would love your suggestions.

Linked to:
Trendy treehouse 
http://whipperberry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment