Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Half square triangle quilt: simply color


I shared in this post a while ago about these fabrics and how I absolutely love them! I love how they correspond with the colors and patterns that I want to decorate the girls room with. The line is called Simply Color. It was designed by V& Co and it is distributed by Moda!

I acquired some fat quarters and a charm pack in this line. I have decided to make a quilt for each girls bed. This first one I am going to show you is for my two year old, K, and I am going to make it a twin size.

I decided that for this quilt that I was going to make another Half Square Triangle Quilt. I love HST Quilts, if you haven't been able to tell. I love that you can make so many different designs with just technique. I will branch out and do different kinds of quilts in the future, I promise.

I decided that I wanted my blocks to be 4.5 inches wide. So I cut strips from the fat quarters at 5 inches across. I was able to get three 5 inch strips from each fat quarter. I also cut a 2.5 inch strip from what was left over to use later for binding.





I then cut each strip to make 5 inch squares. I also cut one yard of white background fabric into 5 inch squares. This can easily be made with pre-cut charm packs. They are already cut for you at 5 inches square and come in an assortment of patterns within a fabric line.
Stay tuned for the next steps in making a HST Quilt! TO BE CONTINUED...

1 comment:

  1. I love those colors too. the room will be so cheery!

    ReplyDelete