Friday, May 10, 2013

Twirly Skirt

It is starting to turn to summer weather here in Idaho, its about time right!! I was going through K's closet and noticed that she doesn't really have any summer attire that fits her.

I have had this tutorial saved in my pinterest for about 2 years now. I love Dana's tutorials. They are always easy to follow and get great results. A couple of weeks ago I spotted some cute fabric at Joann's and thought that it would be great fabric to make K and L matching outfits out of. I still haven't decided what the outfit for L should look like, so stay tuned for that.

I really liked how this skirt turned out. I think I will make the next ones a little longer. I would love to try and make the double layered skirt.

I used 1/2 inch elastic, instead of 1 inch, and I think that it works a little better for this age and size. I think that 1 inch would have made it a little too bulky at the top.



 I think she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment